Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Google Changes SEO Game with Instant Search

With the new Google Instant Search now as you type for search terms Google will update the SERP pages in real time as you are typing and try to predict what you are looking for.
I was going to do a search for “Real Time Search” but while typing in Real Time into Google Search bar it assumed I was looking for Real Time Flight Tracker and already had displayed search results.
Google Changes SEO Game with Instant Search
In theory had I found what I was looking for with my first 2 keywords I may not have even typed further, so what this means is that bloggers, companies and users targeting keywords now must consider that Google will display results before they finish typing.  You not only need to use the “base keywords” of SEO terms, but look to see what Google tries to “assume” and possibly leverage some of those as well to increase your chances of your page showing up while a user is typing and hopefully they will see and stop before they type past what you were targeting.
No doubt about it, this change alters the SEO Landscape and no matter what the mega bloggers tell you, there is nobody with enough experience except Google themselves who will be able to tell you how to optimize for this new methodology of search.  I also this can lead to search distraction as a user may not even finish typing their search only to find a link to another site which may take their interest away form their original search topic.
Well, this is one Technology Blogger who is curious to see how this will affect the SERP rankings and SEO of my sites and I am wondering if there will be negative or positive results.

No comments:

Post a Comment